JERVEY FAMILY CEMETERY
Jude's Ferry Farm
     The Jervey Family Cemetery was surveyed June 15, 1996 by Sharon Lee Nowery and Catherine Lynn Nowery. In addition to the two marked graves, the St. Luke’s Church (Protestant Episcopal), Powhatan Co., VA Records 1842-1936, presented to the Virginia Historical Society by the Vestry of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 12 December 1990, state Mrs. Maria Carter was buried at Jude’s Ferry May 28, 1864. According to Helen L.W. Jervey, there are also about seven unmarked graves down by the river for which no records exist. Mrs. Maria Carter’s grave may be one of these, as she is not buried with the two graves mentioned above.
     The cemetery is located on the property of Helen Louise Wesson Jervey, William Palmer Jervey, Jr. and Evelyn Byrd (Jervey) Quinlivan. It is at the very end of Jude’s Ferry Road on the right of a circular driveway leading to William Palmer Jervey Jr.'s home. There is a wrought iron fence on one side.
 

Burial Listing
 
Name
Birth Date
Death Date
Remarks
  Carter, Maria
5/28/1864
(See statement above)
  Jervey, Baby
12/29/1966
12/29/1966
s/o William & Millicent Jervey
  Jervey, Mary Millicent Payne
1/21/1932
10/16/1994
w/o William Palmer Jervey, Jr.
Return to Cemetery Index

@ 2007 Powhatan County Historical Society. All rights reserved.