Harris Family Cemetery

     The Harris Family Cemetery was surveyed on August 24, 1996 by Sharon L. Nowery. The cemetery is located on the property of Lou and William K. Stacy, who have nicely maintained the cemetery. The cemetery may be reached by turning onto Judes Ferry Road off Rt. 711, going 2.3 miles, turning left onto Federal Hills Farm Road and going .8 miles to the Stacy home, which sits on the left. The cemetery is enclosed in a wall of field stones and sits to the right and rear of the Stacy home.

     There is a limited genealogical article on the cemetery and Harris family in the Southside Virginian, Vol. X, No. 1, page 38, which was written by Benjamin B. Weisiger.

     In addition to the five engraved tombstones, there is one obvious unmarked tombstone and probably a number of unmarked graves. The five engraved tombstones include:

 

Burial Listing
 
Name
Birth Date
Death Date
Remarks
  Harris, Cornelia
5/1/1836
8/8/1836
Child of P.H. & E.B. Harris
  Harris, Elizabeth B.
10/14/1796
9/12/1836
w/o P. H. Harris
  Harris, Frances
10/20/1820
w/o Col. Thomas Harris
  Harris, Patrick H.
7/4/1788
10/4/1846
  Warriner, Frances E.
8/28/1816
6/10/1851
w/o Wm. M. Warriner
Return to Cemetery Index

@ 2007 Powhatan County Historical Society. All rights reserved.